You are free to either hold the property or sell it. However, if you decide to sell it, you cannot sell it to an NRI or a PIO, you will have to sell it to an Indian resident. Capital gains tax will be payable if you sell the property.
- 1 How can I sell my property from abroad in India?
- 2 How can I sell my house in India while living in Canada?
- 3 Can NRI sell property in India without going to India?
- 4 What are the disadvantages of OCI card?
- 5 Can you buy property in India without OCI?
- 6 Do I need to pay tax if I sell my property in India?
- 7 Can I sell property in India and bring money to Australia?
- 8 How much money can be transferred from India to Canada?
- 9 How can I bring money to Canada legally?
- 10 Can my parents send me money from India to Canada?
- 11 Does an NRI have to pay tax in India?
- 12 Can NRI sell property without Aadhar card?
- 13 What happens when NRI sells property in India?
- 14 Can OCI get Aadhar card?
How can I sell my property from abroad in India?
If you are a Non-Resident Indian, you can sell the property to a Resident Indian without restrictions. If the buyer is a Non-Resident Indian or a Person of Indian Origin (POI), you may need the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). You are not allowed to sell the property to a foreigner.
How can I sell my house in India while living in Canada?
- Sell Property in India.
- Pay applicable tax in India.
- Obtain a Form 15CB from your CA in India.
- File a self Declaration Form 15CA.
- Remit the amount to Canada by presenting the Certificate to Bank.
Can NRI sell property in India without going to India?
An NRI can sell his/her residential or commercial property to either a person residing in India, another NRI or a person of Indian origin (PIO). … However, if the property is an agricultural land or farming development, it can only be sold to a resident Indian citizen.
What are the disadvantages of OCI card?
The OCI card benefits refer to the rights you gain, like working, living, and entering India as many times as you want. One of the major drawbacks is that you must surrender your Indian passport as India doesn’t accept dual citizenship. Still, this is a chance for Indians living and working abroad.
Can you buy property in India without OCI?
A: No. A foreign national of non-Indian origin, resident outside India cannot purchase any immovable property in India unless such property is acquired by way of inheritance from a person who was resident in India.
Do I need to pay tax if I sell my property in India?
If you are planning to sell your property, you’ll have to pay capital gain tax on the profit earned after considering the inflation and indexed cost of acquisition. … If you’re selling a property in India, the profits you earn are called Capital Gains.
Can I sell property in India and bring money to Australia?
I have been living in Australia for 7 years. In case of a long-term capital asset, taxable capital gain will be net sale proceeds less indexed cost of acquisition (i.e. adjusted as per cost of inflation index (CII)) less cost of improvement. …
How much money can be transferred from India to Canada?
Frequently Asked Questions on Sending Money to Canada How much money can be transferred from India to Canada? A Resident Indian is allowed to transfer up to USD 2,50,000 equivalent in Canadian Dollars from India to Canada.
How can I bring money to Canada legally?
- Securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills)
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bank drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques, money orders)
- Transfer of funds between your bank and a Canadian bank.
Can my parents send me money from India to Canada?
My parents want to transfer me some money to my Canadian bank account more than 100KC$ as gift,As per RBI regulation back in india,parents can send overseas 250KUS$ per year for children.
Does an NRI have to pay tax in India?
If your status is ‘NRI,’ your income which is earned or accrued in India is taxable in India. … These incomes are taxable for an NRI. Income which is earned outside India is not taxable in India. Interest earned on an NRE account and FCNR account is tax-free.
Can NRI sell property without Aadhar card?
“An NRI must get a PAN for making the sale of property as after sale of property, it will be required to apply for Tax Exemption Certificate under section 197. If he does not have a PAN, he can apply for one by sending the signed application along with copies of ID and address proof documents,” says Shah.
What happens when NRI sells property in India?
NRIs can claim exemption for the long-term capital gains from sale of property in India. Under section 54, they can escape tax by using the long-term capital gain amount to buy a new property. This can be done one year before the sale or two years after the sale of the property.
Can OCI get Aadhar card?
Yes, OCI card holders can get an Aadhaar card if they have resided in India for a period of 182 days or more in one year immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment. … Yes, according to the Aadhaar Act, 2016, every resident can apply for an Aadhaar number.