The average salary for a home inspector in Missouri is approximately $70,000 per year.
- 1 Do home inspectors need to be licensed in Missouri?
- 2 How do you become a home inspector?
- 3 Do home inspectors make good money?
- 4 What do home inspectors look for in Missouri?
- 5 How long is a home inspection good for in Missouri?
- 6 How much does a home inspection cost?
- 7 What is ASHI certification?
- 8 Are home inspectors in demand?
- 9 Is a home inspector a good career?
- 10 How long does it take to be a home inspector?
- 11 What education do you need to be a home inspector?
- 12 What type of inspector makes the most money?
- 13 Can you be an appraiser and home inspector?
- 14 What things fail a home inspection?
Do home inspectors need to be licensed in Missouri?
There is currently no provincial licensing required to become a home inspector in Missouri. However, home inspectors must follow laws related to the profession such as contracts and fair trade practices.
How do you become a home inspector?
- Look up the home inspector requirements for your state.
- Complete a home inspector training program.
- Pass your home inspection licensing exam.
- Network with real estate agents and brokers.
- Join a firm or work for yourself.
Do home inspectors make good money?
Home Inspector Salary Information To balance out the risks involved, home inspectors earn an average salary of anywhere between $50,000 and $64,000 per year with benefits for home inspectors employed privately or by the government including medical or health insurance, paid annual leave and a retirement plan.
What do home inspectors look for in Missouri?
Interior: Leaks, water damage, and dampness in a basement, or any part of a house, are another red flag for an inspector. Beat them to it, and check for leaks under sinks, around faucets, around toilets, and near bathtubs and showers. Also look around any appliances like dishwashers and refrigerators.
How long is a home inspection good for in Missouri?
A Certificate of Inspection and Approval is valid for 60 days starting with the date of inspection.
How much does a home inspection cost?
According to Realtor.com, an average home inspection for a single family home will cost between $300 and $500 — the current national average is $337. However, this number can vary depending on a wide range of factors, including location.
What is ASHI certification?
The ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI) program promotes excellence within the home inspector profession as well as continual improvement of ACI’s services to the public. The ASHI certification program establishes a minimum and uniform standard of practice for home inspectors practicing in the United States and Canada.
Are home inspectors in demand?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
Is a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How long does it take to be a home inspector?
Our live and online courses can put you in the field inspecting homes in a matter of 2-3 weeks depending on your current occupation or other obligations. For many it takes 2-3 months to get the right training and acquire the necessary field experience to start your own business.
What education do you need to be a home inspector?
The BLS suggests that job prospects complete an associate degree or a certificate in building inspection technology, drafting, or construction technology. For those who want to open their own inspection firms, consider coursework in business, customer service, and blueprint reading.
What type of inspector makes the most money?
Inspector salaries can vary on many factors, including what industry a job is in. In fact, jobs with technology, automotive, and manufacturing companies tend to be the highest paying. Furthermore, an inspector can make a yearly salary of $38,546 while working for technology companies.
Can you be an appraiser and home inspector?
As a home inspector, you can work for yourself (as your own small business) or work for a home inspection company. … As a home appraiser, you will generally find full-time employment as an in-house appraiser for a bank or mortgage company.
What things fail a home inspection?
- Problem #1: Rundown roofing.
- Problem #2: Drainage issues.
- Problem #3: Faulty foundation.
- Problem #4: Plumbing problems.
- Problem #5: Pest infestations.
- Problem #6: Hidden mold.
- Problem #7: Failing heating systems.
- Problem#8: Electrical wiring.