- Complete Education Requirements. Learn More.
- Submit Online Application to TREC. Learn More.
- Take Exam Prep Class and Practice Exams.
- Get fingerprints taken and pass background check.
- Pass the State Exam within One Year of Filing Application.
- Complete annual Continuing Education (CE)
- 1 How long does it take to become a home inspector in Texas?
- 2 How much do home inspectors make in San Antonio Texas?
- 3 How much does it cost to be a home inspector in Texas?
- 4 How much does a home inspector make a year in Texas?
- 5 Are home inspectors in demand?
- 6 Do Home Inspectors make good money?
- 7 Can you be a home inspector part time?
- 8 How long does it take to be a home inspector?
- 9 How do I get my home inspector license?
- 10 How much do home inspectors cost?
- 11 What does the home inspector look for?
- 12 Can a felon become a home inspector in Texas?
- 13 Is being a home inspector a good career?
- 14 What type of inspector makes the most money?
- 15 How much do loan originators make in Texas?
How long does it take to become a home inspector in Texas?
*Note- In order to be licensed as a professional home inspector one must take the 128 hour classroom course and one of the following A. Have been actively experienced as a real estate inspector for at least 12 months and have completed 200 inspections (175 under indirect supervision and 25 under direct supervision).
How much do home inspectors make in San Antonio Texas?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $95,603 and as low as $21,195, the majority of Home Inspector salaries currently range between $37,429 (25th percentile) to $58,623 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $73,054 annually in San Antonio.
How much does it cost to be a home inspector in Texas?
The application fee for a Professional Inspector license is $120 and should be paid by cashiers check, personal check, or money order payable to the Texas Real Estate Commission.
How much does a home inspector make a year in Texas?
How Much Does a Home Inspector Make in Texas? The average annual salary for a home inspector in the state of Texas is $55,150 per year or $26.52 per hour. Of course, if average is your goal, you won’t be self employed for long.
Are home inspectors in demand?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
Do Home Inspectors make good money?
Home Inspector Salary Information To balance out the risks involved, home inspectors earn an average salary of anywhere between $50,000 and $64,000 per year with benefits for home inspectors employed privately or by the government including medical or health insurance, paid annual leave and a retirement plan.
Can you be a home inspector part time?
If you prefer, you can also choose to work part-time and still bring in enough to make it worthwhile. Some part-time home inspectors are semi-retired, while others continue to work their regular jobs and supplement their incomes by conducting home inspections during evening and weekend hours.
How long does it take to be a home inspector?
Our live and online courses can put you in the field inspecting homes in a matter of 2-3 weeks depending on your current occupation or other obligations. For many it takes 2-3 months to get the right training and acquire the necessary field experience to start your own business.
How do I get my home inspector license?
- Step 1 — Understand Your State’s Regulations.
- Step 2 — Choose School for Your Pre-Licensing Requirements (if required)
- Step 3 — Take Your Pre-Licensing Course.
- Step 4 — Take Your State’s Home Inspection Licensing Exam (if required)
How much do home inspectors cost?
“Home inspections generally cost between $300 and $450,” says Angie Hicks, co-founder of the home services website Angie’s List. Hicks says buyers can expect to pay at least $400 for a home inspection from a reputable company on an average 2,000-square-foot home.
What does the home inspector look for?
A home inspector will look at things like a home’s foundation, structural components, roof, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, then provide a written home inspection report with results. A home inspection generally takes two to four hours, but may take more time depending on the size of the house.
Can a felon become a home inspector in Texas?
The good news: Only a few states have laws about certifying felons as home inspectors, and it’s only outright illegal in one. In most states, home inspector certifications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, meaning you can become a home inspector with a felony as long as you fulfill other requirements.
Is being a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself. With over 50,000 AHIT alumni, we’ve seen this career improve the lives of so many of our students.
What type of inspector makes the most money?
Inspector salaries can vary on many factors, including what industry a job is in. In fact, jobs with technology, automotive, and manufacturing companies tend to be the highest paying. Furthermore, an inspector can make a yearly salary of $38,546 while working for technology companies.
How much do loan originators make in Texas?
How much does a Residential Mortgage Loan Originator make in Texas? The average Residential Mortgage Loan Originator salary in Texas is $48,808 as of August 27, 2021, but the range typically falls between $42,492 and $57,310.