- Be Old Enough. You must be 18 years of age or older to become a home inspector in South Carolina.
- Complete Education. You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Complete Home Inspector Training. Complete an approved training.
- Take the NHIE.
- Get Liability Insurance.
- 1 How much do home inspectors make in SC?
- 2 Do home inspectors have to be licensed in SC?
- 3 How much do home inspectors make?
- 4 How do you become a home inspector?
- 5 What does a home inspector do?
- 6 What documents must be on board and inspection in SC?
- 7 How much does a home inspector make in NC?
- 8 How do I get my SC appraisal license?
- 9 Is the home inspector exam hard?
- 10 Are home inspectors in demand?
- 11 Is a home inspector a good career?
- 12 How long does it take to be a home inspector?
- 13 How much does a home inspector make in Mississippi?
- 14 Can you be a home inspector part time?
- 15 What type of inspector makes the most money?
How much do home inspectors make in SC?
The average salary for a home inspector in South Carolina is approximately $69,000 per year.
Do home inspectors have to be licensed in SC?
South Carolina law requires any person desiring to be a licensed home inspector to file with the South Carolina Residential Builders Commission.
How much do home inspectors make?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average.
How do you become a home inspector?
- Look up the home inspector requirements for your state.
- Complete a home inspector training program.
- Pass your home inspection licensing exam.
- Network with real estate agents and brokers.
- Join a firm or work for yourself.
What does a home inspector do?
A home inspector will look at things like a home’s foundation, structural components, roof, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, then provide a written home inspection report with results. A home inspection generally takes two to four hours, but may take more time depending on the size of the house.
What documents must be on board and inspection in SC?
South Carolina’s Boat Registration Requirements The Certificate of Number must be on board and be available for inspection by an enforcement officer during boat operation.
How much does a home inspector make in NC?
The average salary for a home inspector in North Carolina is approximately $72,000 per year.
How do I get my SC appraisal license?
- Complete the application on NIPR.
- The license fee is $80.
- Provide the original South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) report.
- Applicants must pass the state examination prior to applying for a license through NIPR.
Is the home inspector exam hard?
Getting your home inspection certification requires a lot of education, testing, and hands on training. This is not to say that the process is difficult – it will simply take time and hard work to do it right.
Are home inspectors in demand?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
Is a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How long does it take to be a home inspector?
Our live and online courses can put you in the field inspecting homes in a matter of 2-3 weeks depending on your current occupation or other obligations. For many it takes 2-3 months to get the right training and acquire the necessary field experience to start your own business.
How much does a home inspector make in Mississippi?
The average salary for a home inspector in Mississippi is approximately $68,000 per year.
Can you be a home inspector part time?
If you prefer, you can also choose to work part-time and still bring in enough to make it worthwhile. Some part-time home inspectors are semi-retired, while others continue to work their regular jobs and supplement their incomes by conducting home inspections during evening and weekend hours.
What type of inspector makes the most money?
Inspector salaries can vary on many factors, including what industry a job is in. In fact, jobs with technology, automotive, and manufacturing companies tend to be the highest paying. Furthermore, an inspector can make a yearly salary of $38,546 while working for technology companies.