- Make a Home Inspection Business Plan.
- Get Trained and Certified to be a Home Inspector.
- Get Home Inspector Liability/E&O Insurance.
- Obtain Home Inspector Tool Kits.
- Get and Rep Branded Inspector Apparel.
- Install Home Inspection Software.
- 1 How do I start a home inspection business?
- 2 How much money do I need to start a home inspection business?
- 3 Is being a home inspector profitable?
- 4 Is a home inspection business worth it?
- 5 How long does it take to become a home inspector in California?
- 6 How much does a home inspector make in Michigan?
- 7 Are home inspectors in demand?
- 8 How much does a home inspector make?
- 9 How do home inspectors find work?
- 10 Can you be a home inspector part time?
- 11 How long does it take to be a home inspector?
- 12 What type of inspector makes the most money?
- 13 Why do home inspectors fail?
- 14 Who owns WIN Home Inspection?
- 15 How much does a home inspector make in California?
How do I start a home inspection business?
- Use marketing to attract more customers.
- Nurture your referral base.
- Raise your home inspection fees.
- Add new home inspection services.
- Start inspecting commercial buildings.
How much money do I need to start a home inspection business?
Home Inspection Business Startup Costs: Start-up costs will vary, but you can successfully start the business with as little as $500. On average, startup costs may be about $5,000-$8,0000.
Is being a home inspector profitable?
Salary: The typical home inspector charges from $400 to $550 per inspection, depending on the location, size and age of a home, according to Mr. … “The inspectors who work overtime can make $200,000 to $250,000 a year, but they’re pulling 80- or 90-hour workweeks, doing 400 or 500 inspections a year.”
Is a home inspection business worth it?
The reality is that the owners/sellers of these home inspection businesses, many 1 or 2 man shops, believe they have built something of value that can be sold for 1-1.5x revenues. … Most inspection firms doing $150K a year are worth about $5-$10,000 dollars at the outside.
How long does it take to become a home inspector in California?
How long does your home inspection course for California take? PHII’s California home inspection course can be completed in 1-2 weeks based on your past level of experience. However, you can take as much time as needed, and there are no limits on re-taking exams.
How much does a home inspector make in Michigan?
The average annual salary for a home inspector in Michigan is approximately $73,000 per year.
Are home inspectors in demand?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
How much does a home inspector make?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average.
How do home inspectors find work?
- Get a license.
- Become a member of a home inspectors association (see Resources).
- Diversify your business.
- Contact local real estate agents and lenders.
- Sing up at online home inspector sites.
- Advertise in local newspapers and the Yellow Pages.
Can you be a home inspector part time?
If you prefer, you can also choose to work part-time and still bring in enough to make it worthwhile. Some part-time home inspectors are semi-retired, while others continue to work their regular jobs and supplement their incomes by conducting home inspections during evening and weekend hours.
How long does it take to be a home inspector?
Our live and online courses can put you in the field inspecting homes in a matter of 2-3 weeks depending on your current occupation or other obligations. For many it takes 2-3 months to get the right training and acquire the necessary field experience to start your own business.
What type of inspector makes the most money?
Inspector salaries can vary on many factors, including what industry a job is in. In fact, jobs with technology, automotive, and manufacturing companies tend to be the highest paying. Furthermore, an inspector can make a yearly salary of $38,546 while working for technology companies.
Why do home inspectors fail?
Top reasons home inspections fail Electrical problems: The most common electrical issues include wiring that’s not up to code, frayed wiring, or improperly wired electrical panels. Plumbing issues: Leaky pipes (and resulting water damage), failing water heaters, and sewer system problems are some of the most expensive.
Who owns WIN Home Inspection?
WIN Home Inspection was bought out by Agamya Capital on Nov 13, 2018 .
How much does a home inspector make in California?
The average salary for a home inspector in California is approximately $73,000 per year.