Home inspectors conduct inspections on residential properties to check for compliance and assess if there are hazards or structural defects. This entails examining both the interior and exterior of the property, including infrastructure, electrical and plumbing systems, and water quality. Arrange Repairs.
- 1 What are the job duties of a home inspector?
- 2 How much do home inspectors make?
- 3 Is home inspector a easy job?
- 4 Is a home inspector a good career?
- 5 What skills do home inspectors need?
- 6 What are the qualifications to be a good inspector?
- 7 Is the home inspector exam hard?
- 8 Are home inspectors in demand?
- 9 How long does it take to be a home inspector?
- 10 Can you be a home inspector part time?
- 11 Do you need a degree to be a home inspector?
- 12 How do you get jobs as a home inspector?
- 13 How do I start a home inspection business?
- 14 How do I get my home inspector license?
- 15 How knowledgeable is a home inspector?
What are the job duties of a home inspector?
Home and property inspectors may perform some or all of the following duties: Inspect new or resale homes on behalf of clients, make assessments and provide reports on the physical condition of property. Inspect and conduct basic testing of existing electrical or plumbing installations.
How much do home inspectors make?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average.
Is home inspector a easy job?
It’s not an easy job, but it might be one of the most fulfilling things you’ve ever done. Unless you’ve got an early home inspection appointment, you’ll probably start your day tending to office work. You can handle paperwork that needs attention, check emails and phone messages, and confirm your calendar.
Is a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
What skills do home inspectors need?
- Knowledge of construction.
- Understanding the tools of the trade and how to use them.
- Getting the right education.
- Communication skills.
- Business Management and Time Management.
What are the qualifications to be a good inspector?
- English language ability.
- Logic and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Technical ability.
Is the home inspector exam hard?
Getting your home inspection certification requires a lot of education, testing, and hands on training. This is not to say that the process is difficult – it will simply take time and hard work to do it right.
Are home inspectors in demand?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
How long does it take to be a home inspector?
Our live and online courses can put you in the field inspecting homes in a matter of 2-3 weeks depending on your current occupation or other obligations. For many it takes 2-3 months to get the right training and acquire the necessary field experience to start your own business.
Can you be a home inspector part time?
If you prefer, you can also choose to work part-time and still bring in enough to make it worthwhile. Some part-time home inspectors are semi-retired, while others continue to work their regular jobs and supplement their incomes by conducting home inspections during evening and weekend hours.
Do you need a degree to be a home inspector?
There’s no national standard for certification. Every state has different requirements to become a house inspector. Some states only require 60 hours of education; some require almost 400(Think Texas, New York and Washington). Some require you to pass the national exam; some have their own exam for you to pass, too.
How do you get jobs as a home inspector?
- Get a license.
- Become a member of a home inspectors association (see Resources).
- Diversify your business.
- Contact local real estate agents and lenders.
- Sing up at online home inspector sites.
- Advertise in local newspapers and the Yellow Pages.
How do I start a home inspection business?
- Make a Home Inspection Business Plan.
- Get Trained and Certified to be a Home Inspector.
- Get Home Inspector Liability/E&O Insurance.
- Obtain Home Inspector Tool Kits.
- Get and Rep Branded Inspector Apparel.
- Install Home Inspection Software.
How do I get my home inspector license?
- Step 1 — Understand Your State’s Regulations.
- Step 2 — Choose School for Your Pre-Licensing Requirements (if required)
- Step 3 — Take Your Pre-Licensing Course.
- Step 4 — Take Your State’s Home Inspection Licensing Exam (if required)
How knowledgeable is a home inspector?
In home inspection, you need to have sound general knowledge about roofs, structure, electrical, heating, cooling, interior, exterior, plumbing, and insulation. It’s important to know who understand each component and what it does, how it works, and how to inspect it.