- Register with Kaplan for the Required Education.
- Complete Your Background Check.
- Apply for Your License.
- Schedule Your North Carolina Licensing Exam.
- Take the North Carolina State Licensing Exam.
- Receive Your State License and Hang It with a Broker.
- 1 Can I get my NC real estate license online?
- 2 How do I get my real estate license in North Carolina?
- 3 How much does it cost to get a real estate license in North Carolina?
- 4 Is it hard to get a real estate license in NC?
- 5 How much money does a real estate agent make in North Carolina?
- 6 Can I take real estate classes online?
- 7 How hard is the real estate exam?
- 8 How long is Realtor school?
- 9 Is it worth it to become real estate agent?
- 10 Is it hard to get into real estate?
- 11 How many times can you take the NC real estate exam?
- 12 What is the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker?
- 13 What is on the NC real estate exam?
- 14 How much do beginner Realtors make?
- 15 Are real estate agents in demand?
- 16 Who makes the most money in a real estate transaction?
Can I get my NC real estate license online?
Can I take the Broker Prelicensing course online? Yes. The Prelicensing course is offered in variety of formats – in-person, via synchronous distance learning (aka, “live online” instruction using Zoom or similar technologies), or via distance courses (self-paced online courses).
How do I get my real estate license in North Carolina?
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a US citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien under federal law.
- Complete a state-approved 75-hour broker prelicensing course.
- Pass the North Carolina State Licensing Examination with a score of at least 75%.
How much does it cost to get a real estate license in North Carolina?
The North Carolina real estate broker licenses are issued at no charge, but the application fee is $30 and the exam fee is $66. Licenses are issued for a one year period ending on June 30th and renewal of the licenses begins 45 days before that date.
Is it hard to get a real estate license in NC?
Your real estate prelicensing education will take a lot of hard work and cover a lot of material. The education you receive is an important part of getting started with your career as a North Carolina real estate broker. The state exam is not easy, so you will need to be diligent about your studies.
How much money does a real estate agent make in North Carolina?
The average salary for a real estate agent in North Carolina is around $59,920 per year.
Can I take real estate classes online?
Online real estate courses are generally less expensive and provide students a quick and easy way to get licensed or fulfill their continuing education requirements. … While online courses are usually the preferred choice for real estate students, this style of learning can have some disadvantages.
How hard is the real estate exam?
Real Estate Exams Can Be Difficult: Many Test Takers Fail While the pass rate on the real estate exam varies based on the state and the specific test in question, there is a notable similarity between all real estate exams: many test takers fail on their first try. … The real estate exam is a knowledge test.
How long is Realtor school?
On average, it takes anywhere from 2-5 months to complete real estate school and earn a real estate license. However, this can vary depending on your state’s licensing requirements and application process and whether you choose an online real estate school or traditional classroom courses.
Is it worth it to become real estate agent?
Working as a real estate agent or broker can be fulfilling and financially rewarding, but it’s not easy. A career in real estate requires drumming up business, promoting yourself, tracking leads, handling complex paperwork, providing customer service, and much, much more.
Is it hard to get into real estate?
Getting into a real estate career requires a lot of self-discipline. You will need to find out the licensing requirements in your state since they vary among all states. The main reason people drop out of the real estate profession is the fact that they did not understand the job before they entered the profession.
How many times can you take the NC real estate exam?
How many times can I take the exam in my 180-day eligibility? Applicants are not allowed to retake the license exam for at least 10 calendar days following a failed or missed exam. Other than that waiting period, there is no limit to the number of attempts during the 180-day eligibility period.
What is the difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker?
Real estate agents have a professional license to help people buy, sell, and rent real estate. … Brokers are real estate agents who have completed additional training and licensing requirements. They can work independently and hire other real estate agents to work for them.
What is on the NC real estate exam?
The exam consists of 100 national questions and 40 state-specific questions. To pass, you must answer correctly at least 71 questions from the national portion and 29 questions from the state portion.
How much do beginner Realtors make?
According to a 2018 survey by McKissock, the average first-year real estate agent earns approximately $15,000. This goes up to $38,141 between years one and three.
Are real estate agents in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of real estate brokers and sales agents is projected to grow 4 percent from 2020 to 2030, slower than the average for all occupations. Despite limited employment growth, about 47,500 openings for real estate brokers and sales agents are projected each year, on average, over the decade.
Who makes the most money in a real estate transaction?
- Realtors. The average wage for a realtor is just $47,700 a year.
- Landlords. This is an area that can differ greatly depending on the number of properties owned and the type of properties owned.